Karnataka state’s food, civil supplies and consumer affairs portal is known as AHARA. AHARA facilitates a lot of services including the most important of all that is the issue of ration card, allotment, application procedure, updating of Aadhar etc. This department of Karnataka state takes care of all ration card related services through which the poor citizens of the state can procure goods at a subsidised price.
There are 4 types of ration cards for various categories of people in the state, allotment of all of these are facilitated on the AHARA online portal. The beneficiaries of this ration card scheme are the permanent citizens of Karnataka. This acts as a big relief for the poor people who have difficulty in buying food and basic amenities due to lack of funds.
Also check Crop Loan waiver status on CLWS Karnataka.
How to apply for new ration card on ahara portal?
Both online and offline application procedures are given below, you can follow accordingly.
- Visit the official website AHARA of the department of food, civil supplies and consumer affairs of state of Karnataka.
- On the homepage of the website, from the options on the top select ‘E-Services’
- Then on the page that will appear, put your cursor on the option for ‘E-Ration Card’ on the left side under which select NEW RATION CARD
- On the next page that appears, select your preferred language out of Kannada or English
- Now you need to select the option – ‘New ration card request’
- Select the type of ration card that you have to apply for out of PHH or NPHH Ration cards
- Enter your Aadhar number that you will be asked for on the next page and a one-time password will be sent to your mobile number associated with your Aadhar card.
- Enter the OTP generated so that you are verified and your Aadhar details will be displayed on the screen
- Check your Aadhar detail, click on the ADD button to submit your application after correctly filling out other details that will be asked for after which an application number will be provided to you.
- Your ration card will be delivered to you through speed post within 15 days of submitting your application; you will have to pay an amount of Rs. 70 to the delivery man who brings your ration card.
- The applicants need to visit any service kiosk near there district located at any of the following places- Karnataka One/ Bangalore One/ Janasnehi Kendra/ Privatefranchises/ POS shops/ GramaPanachayats.
- You will be given an application form which you need to fill in order to apply and then you will have to go through Aadhar Bio-metric authentication to verify your identity. Once your Aadhar card is verified by the authorities, your personal details mentioned on the Aadhar card will be automatically generated on their system.
- The application is then sent forward to the gram panchayats or the concerned ward for verification of identity, after successful completion of which an official visits the house to verify address and members listed.
- The applicant is then entitled to his/her ration card when he receives an official SMS about the acceptance/ rejection of his application
Check voter list on CEO Karnataka Portal
TYPES OF RATION CARDS ISSUED THROUGH AHARA KARNATAKA
- Priority Household Ration Card (PHH) – The people of the rural areas of Karnataka are entitled to this ration card. The beneficiaries get food at subsidised prices which include Rice at 3 Rs/per KG, Wheat at 2 Rs/per KG, and other coarse grains at the rate of 1 Rs/ per KG. The PHH cards are further divided into 2 categories
- Antyodaya Anna Yojana ration cards (AYY) – These cards are for the families or households whose annual income is below Rs. 15000 and are entitled to food grains at subsidised rates as mentioned above.
- Annapurna Yojana Ration Cards (AY) – poor citizens of the state of Karnataka who are above the age of 65 years are beneficiaries of the AY ration card issued by the public distribution system of the government. These people get 10 Kgs of food grains on a monthly basis at a very low exchange rate.
- Non-Priority Household Ration Card (NPHH) – The families of Karnataka who have a stable annual income are beneficiaries of the NPHH ration card under which they do not get food grains at the rate at which the other cardholders get it. Although they do get other basic benefits of the scheme.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPLYING FOR A RATION CARD-
The people who wish to apply for a ration card at ahara will have to fulfil the following criteria to do so –
- The applicants should be permanent citizens of Karnataka
- Only families who do not already possess a ration card can apply for a new ration card
- Couples who are recently married can also apply for a new ration card
- If your ration card is lost/ stolen you can apply for a new ration card in any of these situations
- You need to remember that ration cards are allotted on the basis of financial status and family members in a particular family.
- Scanned copy of original Aadhar card
- Passport size photograph
- Scanned copy of Residence proof
- Scanned copy of Income proof
- If the beneficiary is a tenant – a copy of tenancy agreement
- Application from the district pradhan
HOW TO CHECK THE STATUS OF Ration Card YOUR APPLICATION
- Visit the official website of the AHARA from here.
- On the homepage that will open, select E-Status visible on the left side
- Then under the dropdown select the option ‘status of new/defending rations’
- On the page that appears, select the option that best suits your category of ration card
- Then select ‘ status of ration card application’
- Select the mode of checking you are comfortable with like your Aadhar number or the ration card application number
- Fill in the details that you opted for and then submit
- You will be able to see the status of your application on the screen
- The mobile number that you provide should be registered with your Aadhar card.
- The applicant should be able to correctly identify his ward number is he/she is from urban areas or if he/she is from rural areas then he should be able to identify his/her Gram Panchayat
- The applicant can choose any fair price shop out of the list available of his choice which should be within his city.
- All the members of the family who wish to apply should go together as an application fee of Rs. 50 is to be applied if they go separately.
- The eldest female member of the household can only be selected as Head of the household as per the provisions of National Food Security Act-2013.
Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Affairs Department and Legal Metrology Department,
VikasSaudha, Bangalore – 560001
Phone Number – 1967 or 1800-425-9339
You can also visit the official website for other details or ask your doubts in the comments