What is IAY?
Indira Awaas Yojana or IAY was an initiative by the Indian government in 1985 which aims to provide housing facility to the poor people coming from the rural areas of the Nation. Prime minister of that time Mr. Rajiv Gandhi started this welfare scheme. In 2015 the current Government of India renamed the scheme to Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana or PMAY and a few changes were also made in the guidelines and functioning of the scheme while the aim remains the same which is housing for all the poor people of the Nation.
Also, Check Latest updateson the SSPMIS bihar vridhjan pension Yojana from here.
Objectives and benefits of the IAY or PMAY scheme
The main objective of this Indira Awaas Yojana was that there are many people in the country who does not even have a shelter to live due to being economically weak, all those coming from below poverty line SC / ST, bonded employees, minorities and Providing homes to people of non-SC / ST sections. The Government of India wants to meet the target to provide ” House for All ” by 2022.
- With this welfare scheme, the government aims to provide at least the basic needs of life to the people of the nation.
- The construction of houses will also add to employment.
How to apply for Indira Awaas Yojana?
You can apply for the Pradhan Mantri Awaas yojana both online and offline, both the process are given below. Follow the step by step proces to apply for the housing scheme.
- Visit the official portal of the Ministry of housing and urban affairs from here.
- Click on citizen assessment and under it click on benefits under the other 3 components.
- a new page will open where you need to fill your adhar number and name and click on check.
- The application form page will open where you need to provide all the required details about you and you might also have to upload some required documents.
- After filling the form check again carefully and then submit it.
Eligibility Critera for the scheme
- If you or your family member already own a pucca house then you are not eligible for the housing scheme.
- You must not have benefitted from any other housing scheme by the govt. in the past.
- The family annual income must not cross the amount specified by the government.
Some of the main documents required are given below, there might also be some other required documents which you will be guided by officials.
- Identity proof
- If salaried then the salary certificate
- Income Proof & certificate
- Bank statement
- Form 16
- An affidavit
- Financial statement in case of business
How to check IAY List 2020?
Follow the step by step process given below to check the IAY beneficiary list.
- Visit the official portal of the Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India.
- Search for stakeholders on the homepage.
- A new page will open where you need to click on the beneficiary list.
- Enter the detail which is asked for and click on search.
1. CAN THOSE WHO ALREADY HAVE A PUCCA HOUSE ALSO TAKE BENEFIT OF PRADHAN MANTRI AWAS YOJANA?
No, as mentioned in the eligibility criteria above if you or your family member already have a pucca house then you can not take benefits of this scheme.
2. Can I apply for the repair of the house built under the Indira Awaas yojana?
Yes you can apply for the repair under pradhan mantri awaas yojana.