What is IAY ( Indira Awaas Yojana ) or PMAY ( Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana) ?
Indira Awaas Yojana ( IAY ) is a social welfare scheme launched in 1985 by the Prime minister of that time Late Rajiv Gandhi. The aim was to provide a place to live or housing facility to the financially backward people. Houses were to be built for people below the poverty line according to the IAY. In 2015 a similar scheme was brought “Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana” with the aim of housing for all by 2022. Indian Government provide financial aid to the people who are living in rural areas and are homeless or living in kutcha houses.
IAY ( Indira Awaas Yojana ) / PMAY Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana list
Also check PFMS scholarship lists
Those who have applied under this scheme can check their names in the list. The list is uploaded online on the official portal of Ministry of Rural Development.. You don’t need to visit any government office to check your names in the list. To check the IAY / PMAY list 2020 – 2021 follow the step by step process given below.
- Visit the official portal of Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India.
- In the options, bar search for stakeholders and click on it.
- On this page click on Beneficiary list.
- Enter the required detail ( registration number )and search for your application status.
If you don’t have the registration number then follow the process given below.
- Click on the beneficiary list page and further click on advanced search.
- fill in the required details like scheme, state, district etc and click on submit.
- After the detail validation, the beneficiary list will open and you will be able to check your name in that.
How to apply for Indira Awaas Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
All the eligible candidates can apply for this scheme both online and offline. Before the applying make sure to go through the eligibility criteria.
Eligibility criteria for Indira Awaas Yojana / Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
If you fulfil the terms given below then you can apply for the housing scheme by the Indian Govt.
- The applicant and his/her family members must not have a pucca house. Those who already own a pucca house are not eligible for this scheme.
- The applicant or his/her family member must not be benefitted from any other housing scheme like this previously.
- The family income should not be more than 6 lakhs per annum.
- People who fall under LIG, MIG can also avail the benefits of this housing scheme.
- Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST) are also eligible for this scheme.
There are two ways to apply for this scheme. If you want to apply offline then you will have to visit Jan Sewa Kendra near you. There you will be guided throughout the application process and we recommend this way of application because there are fewer chances of rejection and errors.
To apply online follow the process given below.
- Visit the official portal here https://pmaymis.gov.in/
- On the homepage, click on citizen assessment under it click on benefit under other 3 components.
- Fill your Adhar number, name and click on check.
- A new form page will open where you will be required to provide further details. Fill the details very carefully and submit the form.
Required documents for the application
These are the following documents which are required to fill the application for IAY / PMAY.
- Identity proof ( Adhar card, voter id card, etc )
- Income Proof & certificate
- If salaried then the salary certificate
- Bank statement
- Form 16
- An affidavit to show the applicant and its family member do not own any pucca house.
Some of the required documents are not listed above. While applying for it the associate will guide you about the required documents. We recommend applying offline.
Benefits and objectives of IAY / PMAY
The aim of this scheme is to provide shelter to the economically weaker section of the society. This scheme is projected to cover almost 1 crore families who are living in kutcha houses. All the basic amenities will be provided such as power supply, water supply etc. Irrespective of caste, religion the aim is to provide a home to an Indian who is in need. On papers, the objective is to provide homes to all by 2022 which might end up on paper only. A shelter is the basic necessity of living and a big percentage of the population in India can not afford to fulfil this necessity.
So keeping this problem in mind IAY ( Indira Awaas Yojana ) was launched and similarly, PMAY was launched to give financial aid to those who are financially not capable of building a pucca house for themselves. So if you are someone wants to get benefitted from this scheme, then check if you are eligible for it and if yes then follow the application process given above.
Frequently asked questions on Indira Awaas Yojana and PMAY
Are different family members eligible to get benefitted from this scheme separately?
No, one family can only get financial aid for one time. If any of the family members already own a pucca house anywhere in India then any other family member is not eligible to apply for this scheme.
Is there any special benefits for women under this scheme
There’s a quota of matriarchal households, if you apply for this scheme under this quota then the women of the family will get the ownership of the house.
What if the application gets rejected?
If the application got rejected due to eligibility issues then you can not avail the benefit of this scheme. If the application rejected due to some issues in the application process then you can re-apply for it and we recommend applying through an offline method.