JNANABHUMI is a completely paperless and digital platform introduced by the government of Andhra Pradesh to be able to make Higher Education independent in the state and also to ensure the importance of the demographic dividend by improving its condition. The jnanabhumi platform is designed to disburse Post-Matric Scholarship schemes to the people who are interested.
The government of AP also disburses various other educational schemes for the benefit of the students of minorities and backward classes. The schemes are worth Rs. 5000 crore which is made available to 17 lakh students annually. The JNANABHUMI portal also administers other schemes of around 1500 crores online. The Objectives of this platform are as follows-
- Providing equal educational opportunities to students from all communities
- Covering the life cycle of students, acting as the CNS of education and ensuring a safe ecosystem
- Disbursing all Post Matric schemes from one platform to each category
- Introducing the PMS’s at accurate times and giving related information with transparency and accountability
Types of Scholarships on Jnanabhumi
Also Check MeeBhoomi Portal of Andhra Pradesh for Land records.
The jnanabhumi provides 2 types of scholarships that are POST MATRIC SCHEMES AND PRE-MATRIC SCHEMES.
THE POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES
The post matric scholarships will be implemented by the government of AP to all the eligible students who fall under SC, ST, BC, Minorities, Kapu, EBC and Differently-Abled communities. There are 2 categories under this-
1. The Jagannanavidyadeevana (RTF) – full fee reimbursement to all eligible students
2. The Jagannanavisathideevana (MTF)- Rs. 10,000 per person to IT Students, Rs. 15,000 per person to polytechnic students and Rs. 20,000 per person to students pursuing other degrees.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA –
Students eligible for this scheme –
- Should be studying polytechnic, IT or any other high degree course from any college affiliated to state universities or board.
- Day scholars or students living in CAH- college attached hostels or DAH- department attached hostels both are eligible
- Students should have an aggregate attendance of 75% to be eligible
- Students who study in private/ deemed universities are not eligible
- Students pursuing distant education or correspondence courses are not eligible
- Income Standards should be as follows –
- The annual income of the family should be less than or equal to 2.5 lakh
- Landholding of the family in total should be no more than 10 acres for wetland, 25 acres for dry land, or 25 acres for both mixed.
- No family member should be a government employee or pensioner
- No member should own any 4 wheeler vehicle.
- No Plot or plot of less than 15—square feet should be owned by the family
THE PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
The government provides financial assistance to the families of children who are in 5th to 10th standards so that they do not drop out from school when the time for secondary education approaches. They get to study in government aided schools.
Students who are eligible for pre matric schemes are-
- Students of SC/ST/BC and other disabled communities with an income of Rs. 2 lakh per annum
- Students of classes 5th to 10th belonging to the mentioned communities.
- Students of other backward classes are eligible to apply only for 9th and 10th standards.
- Ration Card
- Income Certificate
- Cast Certificate
- Meeseva ID
- Aadhaar card
- Bank Account details
- Passport size photos
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
HOW TO APPLY/REGISTER FOR JNANABHUMI PORTAL POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS
- Visit the official website of jnanabhumi from here.
- On the right side of the homepage, under the column of latest notifications, you will find the link to download the jnanabhumi scholarship application form
- Download the form and take a print out or you can also get the form from your college or meeseva center.
- Fill in the form with all the details carefully and attach the necessary documents asked for
- Submit the documents to your college principle
- The college principal will verify your documents and then submit them online on the jnanabhumi portal at the time of admissions
- When it will be submitted and verified successfully, the student will receive an SMS to confirm the submission of his application
- Then you will have to visit a Mee SEVA centre, where you will have to provide your application id and Aadhar number to gain access to his online application.
- Make the necessary modifications after which you will have to give your biometric authentication data for final registration completion.
- You will then receive all details on your mobile number/ mail id or you can check the same by logging in to your jnana bhumi account.
HOW TO CHECK APPLICATION STATUS?
- Visit the official website of jnanabhumi – https://jnanabhumi.ap.gov.in/
- On the top right corner of the homepage, go to the option for login
- Enter your login/user ID, Password, and captcha code and login.
- After you are logged in, click on the option of application status
- Status of your application will be displayed on the screen
HOW TO RENEW YOUR APPLICATION on Jnanabhumi portal?
To renew your application you will have to submit a renewal form along with your previous year hall ticket and admission date of the current year to your college principle.
The principle will then verify and forward your application on successful completion of which the student will receive an SMS confirming the submission.
The student then needs to visit the college authorities, verify his details, and update them with an updated biometric authentication also.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIPS ?
- You can apply online on the jnanabhumi portal with the help of your principle or yourself by filling in the application form on the website
- Fill in the details carefully
- The concerned hostel welfare officer(HWO) will review your application and then confirm the details to the district welfare officer
- The DCO then sanctions your application and provides scholarships
RENEWAL OF APPLICATION
- The same process has to be followed in case of renewal of an application wherein you can log in to your account and register for renewal with the help of your principle
- You can modify your details and finally submit the application which will then be reviewed by the HWO and hen the DWO will sanction the same
BENEFITS OF JNANABHUMI PORTAL –
- The jnanabhumi portal is known for the timely release of scholarship money of the students
- It ensures the acceptance of students who are eligible and genuine
- It ensures that less paper is used and the environment is sustained.
- The procedures at jnanabhumi are less time and cost consuming for the users.
Toll-free number: 08645274025 (10:30 AM to 5:30 PM on all working days)