What is kanya sumangala yojana?
The Kanya Sumangala Yojana was launched by the chief minister of UP to bring a change and development in the life of girls and women of Uttar Pradesh. This scheme aims at improving the prevalent discriminations against women like female feticide, child marriage etc. and to make sure that the women and girls of UP get their basic fundamental rights like health, education, life and protection.
It also is a measure taken up to provide social security to the females and also give them higher education and employment opportunities. So, the commitment of the Uttar Pradesh government is to bring about women empowerment in the state. To gain all the related information to MKSY Scheme read all details provided below:
Also, check the Shadi Anudan yojana by Uttar Pradesh Government.
How this scheme is implemented?
- 1st category-girl child born on or after 01/04/2019 will get a lump sum of Rs. 2000.
- 2nd category- girl child not born before 01/04/2018 and who is fully vaccinated within one year will get a lump sum of Rs.1000.
- 3rd category- girl child who has taken admission in 1st standard during the on-going academic year will get a lump sum of Rs.2000.
- 4th category- girl child who has taken admission in 6th standard during the on-going academic year will get a lump sum of Rs.2000.
- 5th category-girl child who has taken admission in 9th standard during the on-going academic year will get a lump sum of Rs.3000.
- 6th category- all girls who have passed their 11th and 12th standards and have taken admission in graduation courses or at least a 2-year diploma course during the on-going academic year will get a lump sum of Rs.5000.
HOW TO APPLY FOR KANYA SUMANGALA YOJANA?
Before you check the application process, just go through the eligibility criteria and required documents list given below.
Eligibility criteria for the yojana
- The applicant and her family should be a resident of Uttar Pradesh and should have a valid proof for the same like permanent residence certificate, Aadhar card, ration card, electricity and telephone bill or voter ID card.
- The applicant will be eligible only if her family income is not more than 3 lakhs per annum.
- Only 2 girl children from a family will be applicable for the scheme.
- If the mother gives birth to twin girls in the first or second delivery and has another girl child from the first or second delivery, only then the 3rd girl child will be applicable.
- If the family adopts an orphan, then also a maximum of 2 girl children will be allowed to be registered including the biological girl child.
- Mother’s bank account details, if the mother is not having a bank account then the father’s bank account will be considered.
- In case if the mother and father of the applicant are not there, or don’t have a bank account, then the official guardian’s bank can be considered.
- If the applicant herself is 18 years and above, her bank account can be considered.
- Scanned copy of Address proof
- Scanned copy of identity proof
- Bank account number and scanned copy of passbook
- Scanned copy of Voter ID Card
- Death Certificates of mother and father if they are not alive.
- Scanned copy of the birth certificate of the applicant
- Latest photograph of the applicant and
- Affidavit in format
- Visit the official website of MKSY- https://mksy.up.gov.in/
- On the left side of the homepage, go to the citizen service portal under the ‘quick contact’ box.
- Read all the terms and conditions given on the page and put a tick in the box made in front of ‘I agree’, and continue.
- The registration form will appear on your screen, fill in the details asked like name, fathers information, mothers information, district etc.
- Set a password, tick the boxes saying ‘I’m a resident of Uttar Pradesh and ‘annual income of the family is below Rs.3 lakh’.
- Enter the captcha code and click on ‘send OTP’
- After entering the OTP, You will be registered and then you will have to log in with the user id and password that you will get.
- Once you log in, you will have to upload the documents asked for and submit all of them.
- Finally, you can submit the application for your daughter and take benefit of the scheme.
OBJECTIVES OF KANYA Sumangala scheme?
- This scheme aims at providing the girl child of families in Uttar Pradesh financial support to be able to move forward in different aspects of life like school, college, medication etc.
- It also aims at eliminating female feticide and promotes positive thinking towards the girl child in society.
- The government of Uttar Pradesh aims at women empowerment through this scheme and operates at 6 levels for the girl child of the families in the state who apply for the same.
Some unknown facts about Kanya Sumangala Scheme
- Financial assistance will be provided by the concerned authorities on the basis of the documents that you submit and the government policy respectively.
- If any document or detail is found to be incorrect, your registration will be rejected.
- If duplicate applications for the same applicant are found, all applications will be rejected.
- Valid mobile number should be provided for the convenience of further communication at the time of registration.
- Under this scheme, a total amount of Rs.15000 is used for a girl child who includes all levels from birth to complete education.
- The annual income of the applicants family should not be more than 3 lakh.