What is NSP?
NSP is a portal to help students get the scholarships that they are eligible for at a one-stop platform. This portal was launched by the ministry of electronics and information technology, under mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP).
Students can check the scholarships for which they are enabled and go through all the services including student application, processing, sanction, application receipt and disbursal of various scholarships on the same platform NSP. Refer to the information given below to get to know the eligibility, application processes and how to register etc.
Scholarship Schemes offered on the National Scholarship Portal
National scholarships portal provides 3 types of schemes as follows
- Central schemes
- UGC schemes and
- State schemes.
All the scholarship schemes offered under central, state and UGC are given below.
For the ministry of minority affairs
|Pre Matric Scholarship Schemes for Minorities|
|Post Matric Scholarship Schemes for Minorities|
|Merit Cum Mean Scholarships For Professional and Technical Courses|
For the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
|Pre-matric Scholarships for disabled students|
|Post-matric Scholarship for disabled Students|
|Scholarships for Top Class Education for disabled students|
For the ministry of social justice and empowerment
|Topmost Education Schemes for SC Students|
For the ministry of labour and employment
|Financial Support for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post Matric|
|Financial Support for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers –Pre Matric|
|Aam-Aadmi-BimaYojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh – operates offline|
For the ministry of tribal affairs
|National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students|
For the department of school education and literacy
|National Scheme of Incentive for Girls to Secondary Education (NSIGSE)|
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarships|
For the Department of Higher Education
|Central sector schemes of scholarship for college/university students|
For WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Schemes For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles|
|Prime minister’s scholarship scheme forwards of states/UTS police personnel martyred during terror attacks|
For RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Schemes For RPF/RPSF|
University Grants Commission – MHRD
|ISHAN UDAY (Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region)|
|PG INDIRA GANDHI SCHOLARSHIP FOR SINGLE GIRL CHILD|
|PG SCHOLARSHIP FOR UNIVERSITY RANK HOLDERS (1st and 2nd RANK)|
|PG SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SC/ST STUDENTS FOR PURSUING PROFESSIONAL COURSES|
|PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO THE CHILDREN OF THOSE ENGAGED IN OCCUPATIONS INVOLVING CLEANING AND PRONE TO HEALTH HAZARDS – ASSAM|
|PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC STUDENTS (CLASS IX AND X) – ASSAM|
|POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC STUDENTS – ASSAM|
|PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO OBC STUDENTS –ASSAM|
|PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO ST STUDENTS –ASSAM|
|PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO ST STUDENTS (CLASS IX AND X) – ASSAM|
|POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO OBC STUDENTS – ASSAM|
|POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO ST STUDENTS – ASSAM|
|POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC STUDENTS-CHANDIGARH|
|POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR TRANSGENDER STUDENTS-CHANDIGARH|
|POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR OBC STUDENTS-CHANDIGARH|
|DR.AMBEDKAR POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD CLASS STUDENTS-CHANDIGARH|
|PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SC STUDENTS OF CLASS IX AND X-CHANDIGARH|
|BC-EBC POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP-BIHAR|
|ST-POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP –BIHAR|
|SC POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP –BIHAR|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority (100 per cent State Sector)-Uttarakhand|
|Post Matric Scholarship for EBC Students-Uttarakhand|
|Pre-Matric Disability Scholarship (State Sector)-Uttarakhand|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (State Sector)-Uttarakhand|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students (State Sector)-Uttarakhand|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students (State Sector 50% and Central Sector 50%)-Uttarakhand|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students (Center Sector)-Uttarakhand|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students (Center Sector)-Uttarakhand|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students-Uttarakhand|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for SC Students-Uttarakhand|
|Post-Matric Scholarship for OBC Students-Uttarakhand|
|DR.AMBEDKAR POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD CLASSES (EBC)(SECONDARY EDUCATION)-TRIPURA|
|PRE-MATRIC ST SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES|
|POST-MATRIC ST SCHOLARSHIP SCHEMES|
|POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR SC STUDENTS TRIPURA|
|POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR OBC STUDENTS TRIPURA|
|Dr B.R. AMBEDKAR POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD CLASSES (EBC). – TRIPURA|
|PRE MATRIC SC CLEANING AND HEALTH HAZARD –TRIPURA|
|PRE MATRIC SC (CLASS IX AND X)-TRIPURA|
|POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP(PMS) FOR ST STUDENTS – KARNATAKA|
|CENTRALLY SPONSORED SCHEME OF PRE-MATRIC(IX & X) SCHOLARSHIP FOR SCHEDULED TRIBE STUDENTS-KARNATAKA|
|UMBRELLA SCHEME FOR EDUCATION OF ST CHILDREN – PRE-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP (CLASS IX & X) FOR ST STUDENTS – MEGHALAYA|
|UMBRELLA SCHEME FOR EDUCATION OF ST CHILDREN – POST-MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP (PMS) FOR ST STUDENTS – MEGHALAYA|
|Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Students-Pre Matric Scholarship (Class IX & X) for ST Students Arunachal Pradesh|
|Umbrella Scheme for Education of ST Children -Post Matric Scholarship (PMS) for ST Students Arunachal Pradesh|
|Scheme for Award of Stipend to the schedule tribe students of Arunachal Pradesh|
|POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO ST STUDENTS -JAMMU AND KASHMIR|
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
|PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO SC STUDENTS-DADRA NAGAR HAVELI|
|PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO OBC STUDENTS-DADRA NAGAR HAVELI|
|PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP TO ST STUDENTS-DADRA NAGAR HAVELI|
|CENTRALLY SPONSORED POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SC STUDENTS-HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|CENTRALLY SPONSORED POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR ST STUDENTS-HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|CENTRALLY SPONSORED POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR OBC STUDENTS-HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|CENTRALLY SPONSORED PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR ST STUDENTS-HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|CENTRALLY SPONSORED PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR SC STUDENTS-HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|CENTRALLY SPONSORED PRE MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR OBC STUDENTS-HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|DR.AMBEDKAR POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP FOR ECONOMICALLY BACKWARD CLASS STUDENTS-HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|MUKHYA MANTRI PROTSAHAN YOJANA-HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|MAHARISHI VALMIKI CHATRAVRITI YOJANA-HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|INTEGRATED RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM(IRDP)-HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|KALPANA CHAWLA CHATRAVRITI YOJANA-HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|INDIRA GANDHI UTKRISHT CHATRAVRITI YOJANA -HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|THAKUR SEN NEGI UTKRISHT CHATRAVRITI YOJANA -HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|SWAMI VIVEKANAND UTKRISHT CHARAVRITI YOJANA-HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|DR.AMBEDKAR MEDHAVI CHATRAVRITI YOJANA FOR SC STUDENTS-HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|DR.AMBEDKAR MEDHAVI CHATRAVRITI YOJANA FOR OBC STUDENTS-HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST students (For Class IX and X)-Manipur|
|Post Matric Scholarship for ST students-Manipur|
How to apply for a scholarship on the National Scholarship Portal?
Before you get to the registration process, just go through the list of required documents and also check the eligibility process.
HOW TO CHECK ELIGIBILITY ON NSP?
Follow the series of steps given below to check for the eligibility of the scholarship schemes offered.
- Visit the official Portal of National Scholarship here
- Click on the services option given in the header bar and under it click on scheme eligibility.
- A new page will open where you need to fill in the required details.
- After filling the details give it a check once and click on the check eligibility. After validating your details your eligibility will be displayed.
Documents required for application of any scholarship scheme
- All educational documents and certificates of student
- Bank account number of students/Parent and IFSC code of the branch
- Aadhar number of student
- Bonafide certificate of the student from school
- Aadhar enrolment ID
- Copy of bank passbook whether you have Ubi bank account or any other bank account
Registration or Application Process
- Visit the NSP from the link given above.
- Click on the ‘new registration’ link on top of the homepage
- Read all instructions and agree to the undertakings by ticking the checkboxes given before continuing
- Fill in the details asked on the screen – Name, DOB, Mobile Number, Email, gender, bank details etc. correctly.
- Enter the captcha code and register.
How to login on NSP?
Follow the series of steps given below to login on the NSP.
- Go to the official portal from the link given above.
- Click on the “login” option on the top of the homepage
You can select whether you are applying for a fresh application or to renew previous applications.
- Login by filling up your application ID and password, Enter the captcha code before clicking login.
- The application form will appear for fresh applicants 2019-2020
- Fill in all the correct details and upload the scanned copy of the required documents.
- Enter the captcha code and click on register to finally submit your application
- When you log in for the first time, you will be directed to a page where you will need to enter an OTP that will be sent to your mobile number. After entering the OTP you will see an option for changing the password.
This is a very important step that you need to follow, change your password and then continue.
- You can similarly apply for the renewal of your application by following the steps mentioned above.
HOW TO SEARCH FOR SCHEME WISE SCHOLARSHIP LIST OR SCHOOLS/INSTITUTES/ITI
Scheme wise scholarship sanctioned lists
- Visit the official scholarship portal from the link given above.
- Click on the ‘new registration’ link on top of the homepage
- Now select ‘Scheme wise scholarship sanctioned list’option on the top
- Choose the correct options for the details to be filled – academic year, type of application, course, ministry, state etc.
- Enter captcha code and submit your page
- You will be able to see the list of all schemes.
Search for schools/ institutes/ ITI’s
- On the official portal of NSP Click on the ‘new registration’ link on top of the homepage
- Now select ‘Search for schools/ institutes/ ITI’s’ option on the top
- Fill in the details asked like state, district, name of institute/ school/ITI, first three letters of the same etc.
- Enter the captcha code and click on get institution list
- The list will appear and also you can see all the related information.
HOW TO SEARCH FOR DISTRICT WISE NODAL OFFICER?
- Visit the official scholarship portal.
- Move your cursor to the “services” option
- In the dropdown that will appear, click on SEARCH NODAL OFFICER DETAILS
- Select the correct details like ministry, state, district and scheme
- Enter the captcha code and click on submit
- The details will appear on the screen
Some Frequently asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply for Scholarships?
Students who fulfil the guidelines of various Ministries are eligible to apply for these scholarships. Guidelines are on the Home Page of the Portal.
What is the last date for submitting the application?
Dates for the closure of acceptance in various scholarships are available on the National Scholarships Portal.