PRACHESTA SCHEME WEST BENGAL
The government of West Bengal has introduced a new scheme to provide relief to people who are facing the loss of a proper livelihood by the outbreak of the Virus. There are a large number of people who are facing difficulties, these are the people who work in the unorganised sectors of the state and labourers and daily wage workers. To bring relief in times of this situation of distress, Prachesta Scheme has been launched. As these people will have to stay indoors as ordered by the government to protect themselves from getting infected, they will be provided with financial support if they have lost employment or the opportunity to work for their livelihood.
Also check Banglarbhumi West Bengal
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BECOMING BENEFICIARIES-
Any daily wage workers/ labourers who are in extreme distress due to the loss of opportunities to earn a livelihood and no employment will be eligible under this scheme once they fulfil the following criteria-
- They should be permanent residents of West Bengal
- They should not have any alternative source for earning income
- They should be the only bread- earners of their family
- They should not be a beneficiary to any of the social schemes of the state like SSY or Social Pension Scheme.
- Only 1 person per family can apply, the family includes – husband, wife and unmarried children
- The district manager should be aware and sure of the loss of employment of the beneficiary and no sustainable source of income other than employment should be occurring.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PRACHESTA SCHEME –
It’s an offline procedure that is to be followed-
- Visit the official web page of government of west Bengal – https://wb.gov.in/
- Scroll down a bit on the homepage to find the column with information about “PRACHESTA” and click on know more
- you will be redirected to the file for prachesta notification, wherein you can see the application form attached on the 3rd page https://wb.gov.in/upload/MCLNEWS-200420181145543.pdf
- Take a print out of the application OR you can avail the application form offline by visiting the office of the district magistrate in district areas or the office of the commissioner in KMC.
- Fill in the form with correct details that will include- personal details, contact details and bank account details.
Submit the application form along with valid copy of id proof to the district magistrate or the commissioner for Kolkata municipal corporation KMC.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR FILLING APPLICATION-
|Voter ID card/ EPIC|
|Ration card of beneficiary|
|Aadhar card of beneficiary|
|Passbook of beneficiary’s bank account|
|Passport size photograph of the beneficiary|
DATES TO KEEP IN MIND –
15THapril 2020 – the application begins
15TH may 2020- application submission ends for Prachesta Scheme
VERIFICATION AND PAYMENT PROCESS –
- After the application is verified by the authorities, the digitization of the applications will be done wherein the applications will be uploaded online on the Jai Bangla portal of the government of West Bengal- https://jaibangla.wb.gov.in/login
- After the digitization process is completed, the beneficiary list will be made which will be given to the nodal department.
- After receiving the verified list of beneficiaries, the nodal department will forward the details to the concerned bank which will transfer the entitled ex gratia payment of Rs.1000 in the bank accounts of all beneficiaries.
- For more information related to the same, you can visit the Jai Bangla portal of the West Bengal government through the link mentioned above and login there to check.
BENEFITS OF THE PRACHESTA SCHEME
- The employees serving under an emergency situation during this crisis will get complimentary leaves after the situation is fully in control.
- The state emergency relief fund is in process of creation for the current situation in the state of West Bengal
- One time ex gratia financial assistance of Rs. 1000 will be given to the beneficiaries who are eligible under this scheme
- The beneficiaries will also be entitled to Rice at Rs.2 Per KG due to this situation of distress and loss of livelihood.
SOME IMPORTANT NOTES-
- The correct form should be submitted by the applicant in physical format and by an individual.
- No bulk applications should be acceptable by any applicant
- The person will not be eligible if he/she is a part of any other social benefit schemes of the government
- The labour department of the government of West Bengal will be the nodal office for processing the scheme, who will be responsible for entitlement of payments after acceptance of applications.
- The district magistrate will be the supervising authority and will process the applications through SDO’S and BDO’S in urban and rural areas respectively.
- Whereas, the commissioner will be handling the process in the KMC Area.
- After the application is submitted, a thorough enquiry will be made by the authorities for ensuring the candidates who have applied to be eligible.
Q1. WHAT IS THE OBJECTIVE OF THE PRACHESTA SCHEME?
The scheme was launched by the government of CM Mamta Banerjee solely for the purpose of the loss of livelihood caused by the virus outbreak in 2019. To curb with all the losses and distress caused by a crisis situation, financial support of Rs.1000 has been provided to the beneficiaries of the prachesta scheme.
Q2. TILL WHEN CAN WE APPLY FOR THE SCHEME?
The applications for the scheme will be accepted till the 15th of May 2020.
Q3. WHERE IS THE APPLICATION FORM AVAILABLE?
The application form for the prachesta scheme is available both online and offline. For downloading online visit the official website of government of west Bengal as mentioned above in the article and for getting the form offline you will have to visit the office of district magistrate of the commissioner of KMC.