What is TNPDS?
Tamil Nadu government has made the process of registration and distribution of Ration card digital with the TNPDS portal. Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System ( TNPDS ) is the official entrance to give data and administrations like food security and customer assurance to the occupants of Tamil Nadu. Now the residents of Tamil Nadu won’t have to visit any office as the whole process can be done online now.
There are different types of ration cards that the Govt offers and all of them and their application processes are given below.
Also, check all the latest updates on Digital Gujarat.
Apply for TNPDS Smart Ration Card?
Even though the ration card application is made online but you can still apply for it offline as well so there are both online and offline ways to apply for the smart ration card which are given below.
How to apply for Smart Ration Card online?
follow the steps given below to apply for the Smart Ration card online.
- Visit the official Portal of TNPDS here.
- On the home page, click on Apply for Electronic card.
- the form page will open, fill in the required details about you and family-like name, number, address and family head, etc and upload the other essential documents you are asked for.
- Re-check the details before you submit the form as you can not edit it later.
- After submission, you will get your application number just save it because it will be required to check the status of the smart ration card application.
Smart Ration Card offline application Process
If you want to apply for the smart ration card offline then follow the steps given below.
- You need to visit the associated Ration shop.
- From the shop, you can get the application form
- Fill the form and attach the documents required and then submit it in the concerned department office nearby.
- They will provide you with the application number or id.
- You can lates use that application number to check the status of your application.
Types of Digital Ration Cards
The Tamil Nadu government provides 4 types of ration cards on the TNPDS portal.
- Light Green Cards
- White Cards
- No Commodity Card
- Khaki Cards
Documents required for application of DIgital Ration Card.
the list of required documents is given below.
- Aadhar Card or number
- Electricity bill
- Photograph of the applicant
- Bank passbook and Pan card
- Caste/category certificate if any
Process of checking Smart Ration Card Status?
You must have got the application or reference number after completing the application process of smart ration card, keep that number with yourself and follow the steps given below
- Visit the official portal of TNPDS from here.
- On the homepage click on the Status of electronic card application option
- A new page will open where you need to fill your reference number and click on the record.
- Your smart card application status will appear on the screen.
Benefits of the Smart Ration Card
- Food security services from the government became more transparent after this initiative.
- As the process is now fully online it saves them time and makes it easy for the people of the state to access the application process and information.
Process of registering a complaint on the TNPDS portal?
To file any complaint on the TNPDS portal just follow the process given below.
- Visit the official portal from the link given above
- Click on the option to register a complaint which you will find on the Home page.
- On the new page provide all the required details and your complaint and then submit it.